Friday, March 30, 2012

report parameter order

hi,
after changing the order of my report parameters (in this example test)
in the menue via the up and down arrow I get the following error
message:
an error occured during local processing. an error occured during
report processing. the value expression for the query parameter 'date'
contains an error: the expression referenced a non-existing parameter
in the report parameters collection.
anybody knows how to do this?
thanksIt sounds like you have either:
A) deleted a parameter which was there before, or more likely
B) changed the sequence required for cascading parameters, i.e. parameters
where one value depends on another one previously entered. It is probably
something to do with one of your report parameters' 'available values' or
'default values' definitions.
HTH,
Magendo_man
"florian" wrote:
> hi,
> after changing the order of my report parameters (in this example test)
> in the menue via the up and down arrow I get the following error
> message:
> an error occured during local processing. an error occured during
> report processing. the value expression for the query parameter 'date'
> contains an error: the expression referenced a non-existing parameter
> in the report parameters collection.
> anybody knows how to do this?
> thanks
>|||You're right I got this error msg. with cascading parameters. The
hierachie goes like this: A-->B-->C Originally I only included A and C
in my parameters but B was missing. So I added B but I didn't like it
to occure as the last report parameter so I wanted to change the
position and then I got the error msg. I get the same error when I
modifie the rdl file and swith the Report Parameters.
Any ideas instead of writing the whole report once again?
magendo_man schrieb:
> It sounds like you have either:
> A) deleted a parameter which was there before, or more likely
> B) changed the sequence required for cascading parameters, i.e. parameters
> where one value depends on another one previously entered. It is probably
> something to do with one of your report parameters' 'available values' or
> 'default values' definitions.
> HTH,
> Magendo_man
> "florian" wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > after changing the order of my report parameters (in this example test)
> > in the menue via the up and down arrow I get the following error
> > message:
> >
> > an error occured during local processing. an error occured during
> > report processing. the value expression for the query parameter 'date'
> > contains an error: the expression referenced a non-existing parameter
> > in the report parameters collection.
> >
> > anybody knows how to do this?
> >
> > thanks
> >
> >|||Just add parameter B back in to Report Parameters in 2nd position.
"florian" wrote:
> You're right I got this error msg. with cascading parameters. The
> hierachie goes like this: A-->B-->C Originally I only included A and C
> in my parameters but B was missing. So I added B but I didn't like it
> to occure as the last report parameter so I wanted to change the
> position and then I got the error msg. I get the same error when I
> modifie the rdl file and swith the Report Parameters.
> Any ideas instead of writing the whole report once again?
>
> magendo_man schrieb:
> > It sounds like you have either:
> > A) deleted a parameter which was there before, or more likely
> > B) changed the sequence required for cascading parameters, i.e. parameters
> > where one value depends on another one previously entered. It is probably
> > something to do with one of your report parameters' 'available values' or
> > 'default values' definitions.
> >
> > HTH,
> > Magendo_man
> >
> > "florian" wrote:
> >
> > > hi,
> > >
> > > after changing the order of my report parameters (in this example test)
> > > in the menue via the up and down arrow I get the following error
> > > message:
> > >
> > > an error occured during local processing. an error occured during
> > > report processing. the value expression for the query parameter 'date'
> > > contains an error: the expression referenced a non-existing parameter
> > > in the report parameters collection.
> > >
> > > anybody knows how to do this?
> > >
> > > thanks
> > >
> > >
>|||do mean at the data view or where?
magendo_man schrieb:
> Just add parameter B back in to Report Parameters in 2nd position.
> "florian" wrote:
> > You're right I got this error msg. with cascading parameters. The
> > hierachie goes like this: A-->B-->C Originally I only included A and C
> > in my parameters but B was missing. So I added B but I didn't like it
> > to occure as the last report parameter so I wanted to change the
> > position and then I got the error msg. I get the same error when I
> > modifie the rdl file and swith the Report Parameters.
> >
> > Any ideas instead of writing the whole report once again?
> >
> >
> > magendo_man schrieb:
> >
> > > It sounds like you have either:
> > > A) deleted a parameter which was there before, or more likely
> > > B) changed the sequence required for cascading parameters, i.e. parameters
> > > where one value depends on another one previously entered. It is probably
> > > something to do with one of your report parameters' 'available values' or
> > > 'default values' definitions.
> > >
> > > HTH,
> > > Magendo_man
> > >
> > > "florian" wrote:
> > >
> > > > hi,
> > > >
> > > > after changing the order of my report parameters (in this example test)
> > > > in the menue via the up and down arrow I get the following error
> > > > message:
> > > >
> > > > an error occured during local processing. an error occured during
> > > > report processing. the value expression for the query parameter 'date'
> > > > contains an error: the expression referenced a non-existing parameter
> > > > in the report parameters collection.
> > > >
> > > > anybody knows how to do this?
> > > >
> > > > thanks
> > > >
> > > >
> >
> >|||In Layout view select from the menu Report> Report Parameters..
You should then be able to add back in your deleted parameter and move it in
to the correct position.
~ Magendo_man
"florian" wrote:
> do mean at the data view or where?
>
> magendo_man schrieb:
> > Just add parameter B back in to Report Parameters in 2nd position.
> >
> > "florian" wrote:
> >
> > > You're right I got this error msg. with cascading parameters. The
> > > hierachie goes like this: A-->B-->C Originally I only included A and C
> > > in my parameters but B was missing. So I added B but I didn't like it
> > > to occure as the last report parameter so I wanted to change the
> > > position and then I got the error msg. I get the same error when I
> > > modifie the rdl file and swith the Report Parameters.
> > >
> > > Any ideas instead of writing the whole report once again?
> > >
> > >
> > > magendo_man schrieb:
> > >
> > > > It sounds like you have either:
> > > > A) deleted a parameter which was there before, or more likely
> > > > B) changed the sequence required for cascading parameters, i.e. parameters
> > > > where one value depends on another one previously entered. It is probably
> > > > something to do with one of your report parameters' 'available values' or
> > > > 'default values' definitions.
> > > >
> > > > HTH,
> > > > Magendo_man
> > > >
> > > > "florian" wrote:
> > > >
> > > > > hi,
> > > > >
> > > > > after changing the order of my report parameters (in this example test)
> > > > > in the menue via the up and down arrow I get the following error
> > > > > message:
> > > > >
> > > > > an error occured during local processing. an error occured during
> > > > > report processing. the value expression for the query parameter 'date'
> > > > > contains an error: the expression referenced a non-existing parameter
> > > > > in the report parameters collection.
> > > > >
> > > > > anybody knows how to do this?
> > > > >
> > > > > thanks
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > >
> > >
>sql

No comments:

Post a Comment