Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Report parameter - date format

I have developed few reports using reporting services (service pack 2), but
still facing some problem in the date parameter and would look for help /
share here. Thanks advance!
1) How RS treat the date format?
YYYY-MM-DD (the data is correct when i use this format)
DD/MM/YYYY
MM/DD/YYYY
What is the purpose to define the date parameter as "MM/DD/YYYY" from the
"Expression" windows?
Any way to limit the input date format or any method to convert the format
to YYYY-MM-DD if user really input the format as DD/MM/YYYY or MM/DD/YYYY?
2) Anyone know how to use date time picker in RS, or possible to use it? I
believe if RS could use the date time picker, I don't need to worry the
parameter formatHi,
have a look at this article:
http://www.databasejournal.com/features/mssql/article.php/2197931
You'll find the way to solve your problem (I had the same problem and by
converting the date with the CONVERT function in my SQL query I managed to
solve it).
If you have some time could you take a look at my post (just after yours),
maybe you have the solution.
Thanks,
--
JB
"Franklin" wrote:
> I have developed few reports using reporting services (service pack 2), but
> still facing some problem in the date parameter and would look for help /
> share here. Thanks advance!
> 1) How RS treat the date format?
> YYYY-MM-DD (the data is correct when i use this format)
> DD/MM/YYYY
> MM/DD/YYYY
> What is the purpose to define the date parameter as "MM/DD/YYYY" from the
> "Expression" windows?
> Any way to limit the input date format or any method to convert the format
> to YYYY-MM-DD if user really input the format as DD/MM/YYYY or MM/DD/YYYY?
> 2) Anyone know how to use date time picker in RS, or possible to use it? I
> believe if RS could use the date time picker, I don't need to worry the
> parameter format
>sql

No comments:

Post a Comment