Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Report Parameter Dataset Running Twice?

Hi,
I have a DDL Report Parameter tied to a Dataset.
When I go to view the Report in RS the Dataset is run to populate the
Parameter, but it also seems to run the Dataset when I hit the View Report
button.
I don't have the Dataset tied to anything except the Report Parameter.
Is there a way to stop the 2nd run?
thank you
tOn May 22, 11:59 am, DigHazuse <DigHaz...@.discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a DDL Report Parameter tied to a Dataset.
> When I go to view the Report in RS the Dataset is run to populate the
> Parameter, but it also seems to run the Dataset when I hit the View Report
> button.
> I don't have the Dataset tied to anything except the Report Parameter.
> Is there a way to stop the 2nd run?
> thank you
> t
It should only be running to populate the report parameter. It sounds
like you possibly have the autorefresh set for the report (go to the:
Report drop-down tab -> Report Properties... -> General tab ->
autorefresh and see if it is selected). Hope this helps.
Regards,
Enrique Martinez
Sr. Software Consultant|||Thank you for responding Enrique ... unfortunately that box is not checked.
Any other ideas?
thank you
t
"EMartinez" wrote:
> On May 22, 11:59 am, DigHazuse <DigHaz...@.discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I have a DDL Report Parameter tied to a Dataset.
> >
> > When I go to view the Report in RS the Dataset is run to populate the
> > Parameter, but it also seems to run the Dataset when I hit the View Report
> > button.
> >
> > I don't have the Dataset tied to anything except the Report Parameter.
> >
> > Is there a way to stop the 2nd run?
> >
> > thank you
> > t
>
> It should only be running to populate the report parameter. It sounds
> like you possibly have the autorefresh set for the report (go to the:
> Report drop-down tab -> Report Properties... -> General tab ->
> autorefresh and see if it is selected). Hope this helps.
> Regards,
> Enrique Martinez
> Sr. Software Consultant
>sql

No comments:

Post a Comment