Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Report parameter dropdown

I bound a report parameter to a combobox. I tried to configure default
parameter as null several ways
in report parameters properties dialog but could not.
How can i specify default value of null for a combobox parameter? thxOn Apr 17, 2:09 pm, "nkg" <x...@.yahoo.com> wrote:
> I bound a report parameter to a combobox. I tried to configure default
> parameter as null several ways
> in report parameters properties dialog but could not.
> How can i specify default value of null for a combobox parameter? thx
If the default value of null does not work in the Report Parameters
dialog, I would suggest unioning your dataset against an empty/null
record and then use a default of the dataset and make sure that the
empty/null value is listed first. Hope this helps.
Regards,
Enrique Martinez
Sr. Software Consultant|||thx!
"EMartinez" <emartinez.pr1@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1176856481.241478.187380@.b58g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...
> On Apr 17, 2:09 pm, "nkg" <x...@.yahoo.com> wrote:
>> I bound a report parameter to a combobox. I tried to configure default
>> parameter as null several ways
>> in report parameters properties dialog but could not.
>> How can i specify default value of null for a combobox parameter? thx
>
> If the default value of null does not work in the Report Parameters
> dialog, I would suggest unioning your dataset against an empty/null
> record and then use a default of the dataset and make sure that the
> empty/null value is listed first. Hope this helps.
> Regards,
> Enrique Martinez
> Sr. Software Consultant
>|||On Apr 18, 1:51 pm, "nkg" <x...@.yahoo.com> wrote:
> thx!"EMartinez" <emartinez...@.gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1176856481.241478.187380@.b58g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...
> > On Apr 17, 2:09 pm, "nkg" <x...@.yahoo.com> wrote:
> >> I bound a report parameter to a combobox. I tried to configure default
> >> parameter as null several ways
> >> in report parameters properties dialog but could not.
> >> How can i specify default value of null for a combobox parameter? thx
> > If the default value of null does not work in the Report Parameters
> > dialog, I would suggest unioning your dataset against an empty/null
> > record and then use a default of the dataset and make sure that the
> > empty/null value is listed first. Hope this helps.
> > Regards,
> > Enrique Martinez
> > Sr. Software Consultant
You're welcome. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
Regards,
Enrique Martinez
Sr. Software Consultant|||"EMartinez" wrote:
> On Apr 18, 1:51 pm, "nkg" <x...@.yahoo.com> wrote:
> > thx!"EMartinez" <emartinez...@.gmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > news:1176856481.241478.187380@.b58g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...
> >
> > > On Apr 17, 2:09 pm, "nkg" <x...@.yahoo.com> wrote:
> > >> I bound a report parameter to a combobox. I tried to configure default
> > >> parameter as null several ways
> > >> in report parameters properties dialog but could not.
> >
> > >> How can i specify default value of null for a combobox parameter? thx
> >
> > > If the default value of null does not work in the Report Parameters
> > > dialog, I would suggest unioning your dataset against an empty/null
> > > record and then use a default of the dataset and make sure that the
> > > empty/null value is listed first. Hope this helps.
> >
> > > Regards,
> >
> > > Enrique Martinez
> > > Sr. Software Consultant
>
> You're welcome. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
> Regards,
> Enrique Martinez
> Sr. Software Consultant
>
Instead of modifying my datasource, I chose to change the parameter. A small
function injects the null value into the selected list before filtering my
data.
here's how :
http://pderop.blogspot.com/2007/05/ssrs-multivalue-and-nulls.html
cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment