Friday, March 30, 2012

Report parameter metadata not updated during deployment

In 2005, I've experienced a problem when re-deploying reports to the report server. The parameter references don't get updated properly and I would either need to re-deploy several times, or delete the reports and deploy a fresh copy. The latter re-creates the report GUIDs and messes up usage statistics. I've not been able to reproduce this consistently but have aexperienced it on several projects.

Is this issue being adressed in RS 2008?

I've run into this one as well.


I think this also occurred in SSRS 2000 as well.

|||The behavior around parameter metadata has not changed in Katmai. If you have a specific scenario where things get messed up, post a bug over on the connect site and we will take a look.|||

This is raised and explained in this post http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=100960&SiteID=1

I can't envisage parameter defaults and prompts being maintaned by an administrator. Does an override mechanism exist in RS 2005? If not, then will it be added in 2008?

No comments:

Post a Comment