Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Report pagination w/in web browser

I have a report that is designed with 3 matrices in it --
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x
x x x
x Item Data
x x Aggregate x
x
x x Row Data x
x xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x
x
x Aggregate Column Data x
x
x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
My client would like all of the data from the report to be displayed on 1
page so the employee who uses this application does not have to navigate
between pages in order to see all of the data.
I've tried messing around with the page break settings in the Item Data
matrix and the Aggregate Column Data matrix to no avail. Is there any other
way I can get around this limitation of HTML rendering of the report.
TIA,
Bill YoungmanI have run some pretty wide matrices before and haven't seen this. If I had,
the first thing I would try is to place the matrix within a rectangle - this
will resolve to a "DIV" container surrounding the matrix and may prevent this
break you are seeing.
let me know if this solves it.
Steve Muise
Hitachi Consulting
smuise@.<nospam>hitachiconsulting.com
"Bill Youngman" wrote:
> I have a report that is designed with 3 matrices in it --
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> x
> x x x
> x Item Data
> x x Aggregate x
> x
> x x Row Data x
> x xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> x
> x
> x Aggregate Column Data x
> x
> x
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> My client would like all of the data from the report to be displayed on 1
> page so the employee who uses this application does not have to navigate
> between pages in order to see all of the data.
> I've tried messing around with the page break settings in the Item Data
> matrix and the Aggregate Column Data matrix to no avail. Is there any other
> way I can get around this limitation of HTML rendering of the report.
> TIA,
> Bill Youngman
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment