Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Report Paging

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--=_NextPart_000_00B0_01C7B32E.8ACDD040
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
How do I define the number of lines per page in Report Designer? I have = defined the report as 11" x 8.5" landscape but when I preview or print, = I am getting alternate correctly numbered pages consisting just a report = header & report footer. I'm assuming that it is related to an issue = with rows per page, but am unable to find the definition to give that a = try.
--=_NextPart_000_00B0_01C7B32E.8ACDD040
Content-Type: text/html;
charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
&
How do I define the = number of lines per page in Report Designer? I have defined the report as = 11=94 x 8.5=94 landscape but when I preview or print, I am getting alternate correctly = numbered pages consisting just a report header & report footer. I=92m = assuming that it is related to an issue with rows per page, but am unable to find = the definition to give that a try.
--=_NextPart_000_00B0_01C7B32E.8ACDD040--On Jun 20, 2:31 pm, "Joe" <hortoris...@.gmail.dot.com> wrote:
> How do I define the number of lines per page in Report Designer? I have defined the report as 11" x 8.5" landscape but when I preview or print, I am getting alternate correctly numbered pages consisting just a report header & report footer. I'm assuming that it is related to an issue with rows per page, but am unable to find the definition to give that a try.
What is the width of the report body? If the body is wider than page
then you will get these extra pages. It doesn't matter if there is
nothing to display, it will still think your report needs to be that
wide.|||There's a good explanation of report paging in
http://blogs.msdn.com/bwelcker/archive/2005/08/19/454043.aspx.
However, even having followed the instructions on this blog, we have
problems with report paging as well. We seem to have some reports that show
fewer pages in the report viewer than when they are printed to pdf or the
printer. We even have one report, that depending on the parameters, shows as
a single page in the viewer and many pages when printing in pdf or the
printer. Are there other people having these problems as well?
"Joe" wrote:
> How do I define the number of lines per page in Report Designer? I have defined the report as 11" x 8.5" landscape but when I preview or print, I am getting alternate correctly numbered pages consisting just a report header & report footer. I'm assuming that it is related to an issue with rows per page, but am unable to find the definition to give that a try

No comments:

Post a Comment