Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Report Paramert problem

I am trying to put a parameter on my report to select a field from my query but keep getting this error. What am I doing wrong?

[rsInvalidReportParameterDependency] The report parameter ‘Program’ has a DefaultValue or a ValidValue that depends on the report parameter “Program”. Forward dependencies are not valid.

Build complete -- 1 errors, 0 warnings

Hi,

For the report parameter 'Program',On the Data tab Select on the Dataset name through which you are sending this 'Program' parameter to the database and click on this symbol "..." adjacent to the dataSet selection drop down list.Now a dataset window opens,From that window click on the Parameters tab.Parameters:

Name Value

If the parameter Name:@.Program

Value:Parameters!Program.Value

then you get this error.

Hope this helps.

|||

Mr4100

[rsInvalidReportParameterDependency] The report parameter ‘Program’ has a DefaultValue or a ValidValue that depends on the report parameter “Program”. Forward dependencies are not valid.

This problem comes from when you are using a parameter that has reference to another parameter. It appears that "Program" is depended on another parameter in your report. The solution is to move the "Program" parameter in the parameterlist ahead or the other parameter.

For Example: if City is depend on State

@.Date

@.City

@.State this will product the above error

Change to this:

@.Date

@.State

@.City

This will fix the problem

Ham

|||

I can't move this ahead or anything this is the only parameter I have. I am trying to assign a value from my dataset back to the parameter using a prompt. I want the user to be able to select their program which would then compare the parameter value to the dataset value and return the correct data in the report atleast this how I think it should work. I've tried using a filter in the dataset properties but it won't work either.

|||I don't understand Mahima, this is what I have done and the reason I'm getting the error?|||

mr4100.

Parameters are evaluated and executed before your data is return from the dataset, so I would suggest on your parameter "default values" - do a returnset of all avaliable problems. Also, you should be able to pass this parameter value into your stored procedure to filter only for the "programs" selected. Hint, go to data tab, select "...", select the parameter tab and make sure that the parameter your passing to your Stored Procedure to the same name as your report parameter.

Ham

|||Sorry should read "available programs"|||

I took a different route and figured it out.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment