Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Report Parameter as Integer

How come I can't assing an ID as type Integer to any of my report
parameters? It always tells me that the datatype is wrong.
I want to make sure I am using the report parameters correctly. How do you
add a parameter to a report that will either be selected from a drop down or
passed in via the querystring?
Thanks in advance,
JoeyThe default is string, click anywhere in the body of the report and go to
Report menu, parameters. Set the datatype as integer. This is also where you
setup dropdown lists.
Bruce Loehle-Conger
MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
"Joey Fox" <joefoxman@.comcast.net> wrote in message
news:eStHyXkWFHA.2060@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> How come I can't assing an ID as type Integer to any of my report
> parameters? It always tells me that the datatype is wrong.
> I want to make sure I am using the report parameters correctly. How do
> you add a parameter to a report that will either be selected from a drop
> down or passed in via the querystring?
> Thanks in advance,
> Joey
>

No comments:

Post a Comment