Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Report Parameter Calendar Formatting PLEASE HELP

If anyone can help me with this, I would be really grateful. I am using
Reporting Services 2005 and Visual Studio 2005 for this problem.
A while back, I had a formatting problem with my reports that was fixed by
use of the Language property on the report. Although this fixed all
formatting within the report. However, there is still a problem with the
calendar controls that collect DateTime report parameters.
To check that this was not some kind of obscure problem with my particular
report, I put together a very simple example from the AdventureWorks
database.
The dataset was provided by the text query of:
SELECT Title, BirthDate
FROM HumanResources.Employee
WHERE (BirthDate BETWEEN @.StartDate AND @.EndDate)
The @.StartDate and @.EndDate parameters were set to type DateTime with
default value of null. I put a two column table on the report, displaying
Title and BirthDate. The Language of the report is set to English(United
Kingdom). The international setting under options in Visual Studio is set
to 'Same as Microsoft Windows'. My windows setting is English - United
Kingdom.
Once the parameters have been entered on the default calendar controls,
their values are converted to US date format (MM/dd/yyyy). Where the UK
date format will not convert, the following error displays:
"An error occurred during local report processing. The report parameter
'StartDate' is not valid for its type."
If anyone has any ideas of how to fix this, then I would be really grateful.
Virtually every report I run has the start and end date parameters, so
unless I fix this, the default method of collecting these parameters is
effectively useless to me.
Thanks in advance,
Ed AllisonInterestingly, this problem does not seem to occur when reports are deployed
to the report server.
Ed Allison
"Ed Allison" <ed@.optix.co.uk> wrote in message
news:O8B4xJlLGHA.3012@.TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> If anyone can help me with this, I would be really grateful. I am using
> Reporting Services 2005 and Visual Studio 2005 for this problem.
> A while back, I had a formatting problem with my reports that was fixed by
> use of the Language property on the report. Although this fixed all
> formatting within the report. However, there is still a problem with the
> calendar controls that collect DateTime report parameters.
> To check that this was not some kind of obscure problem with my particular
> report, I put together a very simple example from the AdventureWorks
> database.
> The dataset was provided by the text query of:
> SELECT Title, BirthDate
> FROM HumanResources.Employee
> WHERE (BirthDate BETWEEN @.StartDate AND @.EndDate)
> The @.StartDate and @.EndDate parameters were set to type DateTime with
> default value of null. I put a two column table on the report, displaying
> Title and BirthDate. The Language of the report is set to English(United
> Kingdom). The international setting under options in Visual Studio is set
> to 'Same as Microsoft Windows'. My windows setting is English - United
> Kingdom.
> Once the parameters have been entered on the default calendar controls,
> their values are converted to US date format (MM/dd/yyyy). Where the UK
> date format will not convert, the following error displays:
> "An error occurred during local report processing. The report parameter
> 'StartDate' is not valid for its type."
> If anyone has any ideas of how to fix this, then I would be really
> grateful. Virtually every report I run has the start and end date
> parameters, so unless I fix this, the default method of collecting these
> parameters is effectively useless to me.
> Thanks in advance,
> Ed Allison
>|||I have this question as well
"Ed Allison" wrote:
> Interestingly, this problem does not seem to occur when reports are deployed
> to the report server.
> Ed Allison
> "Ed Allison" <ed@.optix.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:O8B4xJlLGHA.3012@.TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> > If anyone can help me with this, I would be really grateful. I am using
> > Reporting Services 2005 and Visual Studio 2005 for this problem.
> >
> > A while back, I had a formatting problem with my reports that was fixed by
> > use of the Language property on the report. Although this fixed all
> > formatting within the report. However, there is still a problem with the
> > calendar controls that collect DateTime report parameters.
> >
> > To check that this was not some kind of obscure problem with my particular
> > report, I put together a very simple example from the AdventureWorks
> > database.
> >
> > The dataset was provided by the text query of:
> >
> > SELECT Title, BirthDate
> > FROM HumanResources.Employee
> > WHERE (BirthDate BETWEEN @.StartDate AND @.EndDate)
> >
> > The @.StartDate and @.EndDate parameters were set to type DateTime with
> > default value of null. I put a two column table on the report, displaying
> > Title and BirthDate. The Language of the report is set to English(United
> > Kingdom). The international setting under options in Visual Studio is set
> > to 'Same as Microsoft Windows'. My windows setting is English - United
> > Kingdom.
> >
> > Once the parameters have been entered on the default calendar controls,
> > their values are converted to US date format (MM/dd/yyyy). Where the UK
> > date format will not convert, the following error displays:
> >
> > "An error occurred during local report processing. The report parameter
> > 'StartDate' is not valid for its type."
> >
> > If anyone has any ideas of how to fix this, then I would be really
> > grateful. Virtually every report I run has the start and end date
> > parameters, so unless I fix this, the default method of collecting these
> > parameters is effectively useless to me.
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > Ed Allison
> >
>
>|||I have found no solution to this, I am afraid. Since the problem does not
occur when reports are deployed, I just work around it when developing
reports.
Ed Allison
"Tango" <Tango@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:628FB199-1E9A-4723-8748-0C649E3683EA@.microsoft.com...
>I have this question as well
> "Ed Allison" wrote:
>> Interestingly, this problem does not seem to occur when reports are
>> deployed
>> to the report server.
>> Ed Allison
>> "Ed Allison" <ed@.optix.co.uk> wrote in message
>> news:O8B4xJlLGHA.3012@.TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>> > If anyone can help me with this, I would be really grateful. I am
>> > using
>> > Reporting Services 2005 and Visual Studio 2005 for this problem.
>> >
>> > A while back, I had a formatting problem with my reports that was fixed
>> > by
>> > use of the Language property on the report. Although this fixed all
>> > formatting within the report. However, there is still a problem with
>> > the
>> > calendar controls that collect DateTime report parameters.
>> >
>> > To check that this was not some kind of obscure problem with my
>> > particular
>> > report, I put together a very simple example from the AdventureWorks
>> > database.
>> >
>> > The dataset was provided by the text query of:
>> >
>> > SELECT Title, BirthDate
>> > FROM HumanResources.Employee
>> > WHERE (BirthDate BETWEEN @.StartDate AND @.EndDate)
>> >
>> > The @.StartDate and @.EndDate parameters were set to type DateTime with
>> > default value of null. I put a two column table on the report,
>> > displaying
>> > Title and BirthDate. The Language of the report is set to
>> > English(United
>> > Kingdom). The international setting under options in Visual Studio is
>> > set
>> > to 'Same as Microsoft Windows'. My windows setting is English - United
>> > Kingdom.
>> >
>> > Once the parameters have been entered on the default calendar controls,
>> > their values are converted to US date format (MM/dd/yyyy). Where the
>> > UK
>> > date format will not convert, the following error displays:
>> >
>> > "An error occurred during local report processing. The report
>> > parameter
>> > 'StartDate' is not valid for its type."
>> >
>> > If anyone has any ideas of how to fix this, then I would be really
>> > grateful. Virtually every report I run has the start and end date
>> > parameters, so unless I fix this, the default method of collecting
>> > these
>> > parameters is effectively useless to me.
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance,
>> >
>> > Ed Allison
>> >
>>|||Hi Ed,
I have the same problem and strangely - setting language property on
the report to "default" with international setting under options in
Visual Studio set to "English" sorted out the problem.
If for you this is not acceptable - the way arround (at least it works
for me) is not to press "View report" button - but the small green
refresh button on the toolbar on the preview report tab...
Hope this helps
Ivan

No comments:

Post a Comment