Friday, March 30, 2012

Report Parameters

I have a report with a parameter set up for Account name. When I use
the drop down I do display the 5 accounts associated with the 5 rows
data. (One shows in the parameter drop down 3 times because it has
data for 3 different rows.)
Account 1
Account 1
Account 1
Account 2
Account 3
My question is, what else do I need to make the parameter at the top
work, currently my report is not filtering the data by Account. I
still see all 5 rows of data. Do I need a report filter as well?On Oct 1, 10:25 am, BLAW <brad...@.gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a report with a parameter set up for Account name. When I use
> the drop down I do display the 5 accounts associated with the 5 rows
> data. (One shows in the parameter drop down 3 times because it has
> data for 3 different rows.)
> Account 1
> Account 1
> Account 1
> Account 2
> Account 3
> My question is, what else do I need to make the parameter at the top
> work, currently my report is not filtering the data by Account. I
> still see all 5 rows of data. Do I need a report filter as well?
If I understand you correctly, you will want to set your dataset from
the Data tab to a variable. Something like:
select x, y, z, ... from table_x where AccountName = @.AccountName
Then in the Parameters tab (select via Edit Selected Dataset [...] ->
Parameters tab) set the variable @.AccountName (below Parameters:Name)
to Value: =Parameters!AccontName.Value
Hope this helps.
Regards,
Enrique Martinez
Sr. Software Consultantsql

No comments:

Post a Comment