Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Report Parameter Display Formatting

I have a report where I want to create a boolean parameter that has two radio
buttons, where one radio botton has label "With Approval" and the other radio
buttons label says "No Approval (Under Review or No Request), plus there is
not leading text prior to the first radio. Basically I want my report
parameter display to look like this:
X - With Approval X - No Approval (Under Review or No Request)
Note: X in the above text is the radio button.
How is this done?
I can easily set up the two radio buttons, with a single boolean report
parameter, but I can only get the labels to say "true", or "false", plus a
leading label that says "With Approval". Some thing like this:
With Approval X true X falseAre you using a custom viewer you wrote to render the reports? This is the
only way I know of to use webcontrols other than text boxes and drop down
lists.
"Greg Larsen" wrote:
> I have a report where I want to create a boolean parameter that has two radio
> buttons, where one radio botton has label "With Approval" and the other radio
> buttons label says "No Approval (Under Review or No Request), plus there is
> not leading text prior to the first radio. Basically I want my report
> parameter display to look like this:
> X - With Approval X - No Approval (Under Review or No Request)
> Note: X in the above text is the radio button.
> How is this done?
> I can easily set up the two radio buttons, with a single boolean report
> parameter, but I can only get the labels to say "true", or "false", plus a
> leading label that says "With Approval". Some thing like this:
> With Approval X true X false|||No. I'm just using the standard viewer in Reporting Services.
"Aaron Williams" wrote:
> Are you using a custom viewer you wrote to render the reports? This is the
> only way I know of to use webcontrols other than text boxes and drop down
> lists.
> "Greg Larsen" wrote:
> > I have a report where I want to create a boolean parameter that has two radio
> > buttons, where one radio botton has label "With Approval" and the other radio
> > buttons label says "No Approval (Under Review or No Request), plus there is
> > not leading text prior to the first radio. Basically I want my report
> > parameter display to look like this:
> >
> > X - With Approval X - No Approval (Under Review or No Request)
> >
> > Note: X in the above text is the radio button.
> >
> > How is this done?
> >
> > I can easily set up the two radio buttons, with a single boolean report
> > parameter, but I can only get the labels to say "true", or "false", plus a
> > leading label that says "With Approval". Some thing like this:
> >
> > With Approval X true X false

No comments:

Post a Comment