Friday, March 30, 2012

Report Parameter/filter

I have a drop down on my report but I want the user to be able to select more
than one option from the drop down list...is that possible?No. I'm afraid out of the box Reporting Services does not support selection
of multiple values in the dropdowns. Its something that I'm looking for a
solution to myself.
"vbaker" wrote:
> I have a drop down on my report but I want the user to be able to select more
> than one option from the drop down list...is that possible?|||Multi select is going to be part of SQL 2005 RS. you can either
1. provide extra parameter fields, they can select one from each field
2. allow them to enter a string which contains multiple values, but you
can't do a good job of prompting here, and you must parse the string or
3. Put an html or asp.net page in front of the report, and expose date
pickers, multi-select combo boxes etc to gather parameters then call the
report via web service URL.
--
Wayne Snyder, MCDBA, SQL Server MVP
Mariner, Charlotte, NC
www.mariner-usa.com
(Please respond only to the newsgroups.)
I support the Professional Association of SQL Server (PASS) and it's
community of SQL Server professionals.
www.sqlpass.org
"vbaker" <vbaker@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:A2544701-17A3-4B14-8042-F4F33B4A12F4@.microsoft.com...
>I have a drop down on my report but I want the user to be able to select
>more
> than one option from the drop down list...is that possible?

No comments:

Post a Comment