Saturday, February 25, 2012

Report in Calendar/schedule layout

Is it possible to produce a report which is displayed as a calendar, similar to outlook?

im using rs2000 with no option of an upgrade to 2005

any help would be appreciated!

Unless you don′t use any pre-page which sends the parameters to the reportsserver for rendering the report with the specified paramters, there is no way. You can′t change the parameter collection in SQL Server 2000.

HTH, Jens Suessmeyer.

http://www.sqlserver2005.de
|||

What about for SQL 2005? I need to display a report that is grouped by date in calendar format with totals appearing in the date boxes. I'm guessing I can figure out a way to do this in a Matrix, but it will be very cumbersome and prone to error I'm guessing.

If anyone knows, it is appreciated.

|||Never mind. I didn't realize how relatively easy it would be to make a calendar report using the Matrix control in RS2005. I'm up and running.|||

I am trying to do something similar, but am having a problem.

Time is down the left hand side (the rows), and a room is each column. The problem is when rooms have overlapping times.

For example, room A is scheduled 1:00 - 2:00, and room B is 1:30 - 2:30. How do you avoid a line going through room A at 1:30?

Thanks,

Bob

|||You could try using a 3rd part component such as Dundas Calendar for Reporting Services.|||

I would recommend using the smallest increment of time as your separator. In the case above 30 minutes. In this way, you have the flexibility to have different rooms per half-hour, but you can also have the same room show at 1:00 and 1:30 to cover the 1 - 2 slot.

In this last case, to remove the line between 1:00-1:30 and 1:30-2:00 I am guessing you could use an expression on the BorderStyle for the Top. I haven't looked in detail at this, but I would think you could evaluate if the previous half-hour was occupied for this room and turn off the boundry. I don't know how easy this would be to accomplish, but it is worth looking at.

Hope that helps.

|||

Thanks for the replies.

The "smallest increment" methodology of csi_hugh is actually what I was trying. Using an expression for the borderstyles (top,bottom)does work to make the consecutive cells in the column look like one. The problem I have is that the increments are actually only 5 minutes, and the text for a classroom event can be rather long. The text has to either fit in one actual cell, or be split up programmatically amongst consecutive cells.

Thanks for the ideas, Bob

|||I think you can work around the text split issue with a rectangle in your table cell.|||

Does anyone having an example of one of these reports they have worked out?I tried doing this in a matrix but I am having a lot of trouble.The column grouping is room number and then I have rows for each time interval.I can access only one record per room which means I can only fill in one time interval.Any suggestions?

gisinnovations@.gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment