Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Report gets refreshed automatically

Hi,

I created a report using SQL 2000 Reporting Services. I have 3 input fields viz., Start Date, End Date and Configuration Item. First 2 are textboxes and the last one is a dropdown. I also have a button 'View Report' clicking which the report page will be refreshed. When I deploy the Reports in report manager, when I give the Start Date then the End date, before I could select a value from the Dropdown, the report page is getting refreshed automatically before I click View Report button. i.e., the report gets refreshed on lifting the focus from the End date textbox. Why does this happen? Note that I have not set the Auto refresh property for this report.

The most likely reason the report is being refreshed is because the "Configuration Item" parameter has a dynamic value that may depend on the values of "Start Date" and/or "End Date". The report is refreshed as soon as the value for "End Date" changes to ensure that the valid values for "Configuration Item" are accurate.

For example, RS will assume that "Configuration Item" depends on "End Date" if:

"Configuration Item" is populated from a query that uses expressions in the query, filters, calculated fields, or query parameters|||

I also faced the same problem.

In my case, by mistake I set the Report Properties " AutoRefresh " as 1 insted of 0 in properties window on right hand side

so just check whether its 1 or 0

No comments:

Post a Comment