Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Report FullPath Property

I have a report (A.rdl) with a FullPath property set to my C:\Temp folder.
The rest of my reports have a FullPath property of C:\Documents and
Settings\......... I want to permanently change the FullPath property of
report A.rdl to be the same as that of the other reports C:\Documents and
Settings\.........
With report A.rdl open in design view, I used the "Save A.rdl AS..." and
saved the report to the desired folder location. The new path displayed as
desired, I deleted the A.rdl files that remained in the C:\Temp folder, and
closed down Reporting Services. When relaunching RS, the A.rdl report file
was being requested from the old C:\Temp folder area. I restored the
deleted files from the recycle bin to correct the problem. I really need to
discover how to permanently locate this A.rdl report to a new location and
have Reporting Services look to the new location for the report file, as it
does with the other *.rdl files I have. I do not see in the report code
where a path is specified when the report opens and cannot directly edit the
FullPath Property from the property window.
Any ideas are welcome.I believe the key to this problem was using the "Save As feature..." then
rebuilding the entire solution, not just the report, top tier level of
project.
"box2003" <spambox03@.yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:O7NSH3D6EHA.796@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>I have a report (A.rdl) with a FullPath property set to my C:\Temp folder.
>The rest of my reports have a FullPath property of C:\Documents and
>Settings\......... I want to permanently change the FullPath property
>of report A.rdl to be the same as that of the other reports C:\Documents
>and Settings\.........
> With report A.rdl open in design view, I used the "Save A.rdl AS..." and
> saved the report to the desired folder location. The new path displayed
> as desired, I deleted the A.rdl files that remained in the C:\Temp folder,
> and closed down Reporting Services. When relaunching RS, the A.rdl report
> file was being requested from the old C:\Temp folder area. I restored the
> deleted files from the recycle bin to correct the problem. I really need
> to discover how to permanently locate this A.rdl report to a new location
> and have Reporting Services look to the new location for the report file,
> as it does with the other *.rdl files I have. I do not see in the report
> code where a path is specified when the report opens and cannot directly
> edit the FullPath Property from the property window.
> Any ideas are welcome.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment