Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Report Formatting in Excel 2007

I am currently developing a report for users who insist on exporting to Excel 2007. When I export to Excel on my PC, the report formatting is fine (I am using Excel 2003), however, font sizing as applied in the report is lost when exported to Excel 2007 (i.e. font size 9 in the report is actually 10 in excel 2007). In Excel 2007, the data which runs onto two lines does not show up correctly - the second line is squashed below the first.

Any ideas on how I could resolve this?

Strange, I tried on mine but did not experience this. I tried exporting to Excel 2003 and then opening it in Excel 2007 it worked perfectly fine.

Then I also tried extracting the report from a PC which has Excel 2007 and then exporting the report in that PC, even this worked perfectly fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment