Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Report Header / Group Header repeating on every pages

I'm new on SQL Server Reporting Services.
Now, I have a problem on create a report header / group header which can
repeating on every pages.
However, I can't use the page header because I would like to show data which
retrieved from my passed dataset. Also, I tried to use "Repeat report item
with data region on every page". However, it seems doesn't work.
Using Crystal Report, there are Report Header and Group Header. Thus, I can
set what I want. But, would you suggest how can I do this? Thanks!
MandaHi,
I have been using SQL Server Reporting Services for last 2 motnhs. From
my, knowledge,if you are using a table, then you can give the date in
the table header and make the table header to repeat in all pages by
property settings.
If you want to display data in page header, store the data in a text
box(say, textbox1) in the report, then create another textbox
(textbox2) in the page header. Set the value of textbox2 as
Reportitems!textbox1.value. I believe this should do the trick and you
will get the data in every page.
Manda Ho wrote:
> I'm new on SQL Server Reporting Services.
> Now, I have a problem on create a report header / group header which can
> repeating on every pages.
> However, I can't use the page header because I would like to show data which
> retrieved from my passed dataset. Also, I tried to use "Repeat report item
> with data region on every page". However, it seems doesn't work.
> Using Crystal Report, there are Report Header and Group Header. Thus, I can
> set what I want. But, would you suggest how can I do this? Thanks!
> Manda|||Thanks for your suggestion.
I found there is limitation if using table header, it only allow to use data
from single dataset. And the location of content can't be set flexible even
cells can be merged.
When I tried to use "Reportitems!textbox1.value", "Unrecognized identifier"
is prompted. Do I have something wrong?
"vyshak" <vyshaknr@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1139985067.476396.87780@.g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Hi,
> I have been using SQL Server Reporting Services for last 2 motnhs. From
> my, knowledge,if you are using a table, then you can give the date in
> the table header and make the table header to repeat in all pages by
> property settings.
> If you want to display data in page header, store the data in a text
> box(say, textbox1) in the report, then create another textbox
> (textbox2) in the page header. Set the value of textbox2 as
> Reportitems!textbox1.value. I believe this should do the trick and you
> will get the data in every page.
> Manda Ho wrote:
> > I'm new on SQL Server Reporting Services.
> >
> > Now, I have a problem on create a report header / group header which can
> > repeating on every pages.
> >
> > However, I can't use the page header because I would like to show data
which
> > retrieved from my passed dataset. Also, I tried to use "Repeat report
item
> > with data region on every page". However, it seems doesn't work.
> >
> > Using Crystal Report, there are Report Header and Group Header. Thus, I
can
> > set what I want. But, would you suggest how can I do this? Thanks!
> >
> > Manda
>|||Yes,
Reporting services only allows one dataset per table, but dont forget,
you can have multiple tables and even/or use that table as a header(by
placing another table aboe the other.)
As to the error that you are getting, did you rename the name for the
text box textbox1?|||Seems it is not possible to show information through another table. If I
show those information under another tables, I couldn't shown it as "Group"
header as they are independent and no linkage can be set for these datasets.
I have created a new textbox (Textbox21) which having value "Testing". And,
I created another new textbox (Textbox27) which make use of the value of
Textbox21 by using
"ReportItem!Textbox21.Value"/"ReportItem!Textbox21.ToString" under its
expression (Because Value is not one of properties for Textbox) . However,
"Unrecognized identifier" found under Expression Dialog. And the following
message found when preview.
----
An error occurred during local report processing.
The definition of the report '/rptLedger' is invalid.
The Value expression for the textbox 'textbox27' contains an error:
[BC30108] 'ReportItem' is a type and cannot be used as an expression.
----
"Sorcerdon" <sorcerdon@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1140011658.987628.29720@.g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Yes,
> Reporting services only allows one dataset per table, but dont forget,
> you can have multiple tables and even/or use that table as a header(by
> placing another table aboe the other.)
> As to the error that you are getting, did you rename the name for the
> text box textbox1?
>|||the proper term is ReportItems! with an 's' ... I dont know if that gave
you the unrecognized error or if you just put a typo in your posting. I hope
it is that simple as it will work for you then.
"Manda Ho" wrote:
> Seems it is not possible to show information through another table. If I
> show those information under another tables, I couldn't shown it as "Group"
> header as they are independent and no linkage can be set for these datasets.
> I have created a new textbox (Textbox21) which having value "Testing". And,
> I created another new textbox (Textbox27) which make use of the value of
> Textbox21 by using
> "ReportItem!Textbox21.Value"/"ReportItem!Textbox21.ToString" under its
> expression (Because Value is not one of properties for Textbox) . However,
> "Unrecognized identifier" found under Expression Dialog. And the following
> message found when preview.
> ----
> An error occurred during local report processing.
> The definition of the report '/rptLedger' is invalid.
> The Value expression for the textbox 'textbox27' contains an error:
> [BC30108] 'ReportItem' is a type and cannot be used as an expression.
> ----
> "Sorcerdon" <sorcerdon@.gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1140011658.987628.29720@.g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> > Yes,
> > Reporting services only allows one dataset per table, but dont forget,
> > you can have multiple tables and even/or use that table as a header(by
> > placing another table aboe the other.)
> >
> > As to the error that you are getting, did you rename the name for the
> > text box textbox1?
> >
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment