Saturday, February 25, 2012

Report Headers & Footers

I see the Page Header and Page footer, but what about Report Header and Report Footers? Doesn't look like ssrs has this ability, am I wrong?

I was able to accomplish what I want by following the suggestion in this post:

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=377566&SiteID=1

IMO, this is lame. Come on, even Access has a Report Header & Report Footer, what were they thinking? Seems like to get simple stuff done in ssrs you have to basically find hacks and workarounds. Not impressed.

|||

Hello,

Would the table header/footer work for you?

Jarret

|||

Yes, I ended having to use the table header/footer like it is described in the link in my previous post. I still think this is kind of a hack and am wondering why ReportHeader & ReportFooter were left out.

|||

The link in your previous post takes me to another post by you for Parameter Validation Failed. Oh well, glad you got it working.

Maybe I am missing something, but I can't think of any reason why they wouldn't be considered synonymous. Can you give me an example of something a report header can do that a table header can't (or vice versa), just for my knowledge?

Jarret

|||Sorry about that! I have fixed the link to point to the correct article, thanks for pointing that out.

No comments:

Post a Comment