Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Report grouping question

Hi all,

I am brand new to using reporting services. I am having a problem creating this simple report. Here is what I am trying to do:

1. At the top of each page on the lefthand side, I went to print the customer name.

2. Under the customer name, I want to print all the product this customer purchased.

3. I also want to be able to change the column widths for the product fields. Presently, if I click and drag the the column lines. the customer name field is also being made smaller which I don't want.

4. I want group totals for each customer.

Some of the above things I sort of got working. But the biggest problem is setting up the report so that when I change the column widths it doesn't change the size of the customer name. I have tried using groups, multiple tables, etc. Nothing seems to work. I have searched the internet and cannot find an example. I would think this is a common report. Like I said too, I am brand new to reporting services. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Bob

what kind of container are you using? a list, matrix, table, etc?

if you're using a table, you can merge 2 (or more) cells for customer name to make it as wide as you need without affecting the products below customer name.

hope this helps - jen

No comments:

Post a Comment