Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Report Generator in VS.NET

We have a SQL server 2000 w/ Reporting services installed. I have a laptop
I use for development running Windows XP, w/ VS.Net enterprise installed.
[I know if you intall Reporting services on a Sql server with VS.net
installed you get the Business Intelligent Project types and, therefore,
have access to the Report generator. ]
My question is : Do I have to go to the Sql server and use VS.Net on the
server to use the report generator or is there some way to install and use
report generator from my laptop?
ThxThat's normal. Reporting Services is actually implemented as a Web Service
you can drive from anywhere.
Just run the RS installer on your laptop to get the VS.Net addin, and then
specify the Url of your server.
Or you can use the web front-end by pointing your browser at
http://<server>/Reports
brian
"adrian m" <nospam@.nospam.com> wrote in message
news:e8Q2ZkrbEHA.904@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> We have a SQL server 2000 w/ Reporting services installed. I have a
laptop
> I use for development running Windows XP, w/ VS.Net enterprise installed.
> [I know if you intall Reporting services on a Sql server with VS.net
> installed you get the Business Intelligent Project types and, therefore,
> have access to the Report generator. ]
> My question is : Do I have to go to the Sql server and use VS.Net on the
> server to use the report generator or is there some way to install and use
> report generator from my laptop?
> Thx
>

No comments:

Post a Comment