Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Report Hangs

I am running SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services. I have a report that runs
with an Access database as the data source. Occasionally the report will
hang at the "Report is being generated" screen. The screen never times out
even if left for hours. Once one job fails any other attempts to run this
report hang too. I can't find anything useful in any of the logs. FYI,
this report runs successfully most of the time.
How can I purge pending or running jobs from the queue? Does anyone have
any suggestions on what the problem may be? Is there anyway for me to force
a timeout on a report run?
Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.On Jun 6, 11:04 am, Rob <R...@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I am running SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services. I have a report that runs
> with an Access database as the data source. Occasionally the report will
> hang at the "Report is being generated" screen. The screen never times out
> even if left for hours. Once one job fails any other attempts to run this
> report hang too. I can't find anything useful in any of the logs. FYI,
> this report runs successfully most of the time.
> How can I purge pending or running jobs from the queue? Does anyone have
> any suggestions on what the problem may be? Is there anyway for me to force
> a timeout on a report run?
> Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
The only things I can think of are to either kill the rs.exe process
in the task mgr -or- to reset IIS (via: 'iisreset' at the command
prompt). As far as why this happens, I am not sure; though I would
think that it could be related to high demand on the database or
possibly IIS or rs.exe choking up. Hope this helps.
Regards,
Enrique Martinez
Sr. Software Consultant

No comments:

Post a Comment